Hide Google Options
The Hide Google Options browser plugin allows you to take control of your Google search results page by keeping the Google "Options" panel as an elective feature.
Google's new user interface (UI) released in May 2010 produces a three-panel search results page. This interface shows the Options pane as a permanent fixture on the left-hand side of the screen.
Historically, Google's options pane was enabled by using a + box labeled "Show options" at the top of the page, so the user could show or hide the left-hand options at will. Once downloaded, our Hide Google Options plug-in ensures the options pane remains a choice for users. Click the small icon in the corner of your browser window to alternately show or hide the options shown in the left-hand pane of Google search results.
(Sorry, for technical reasons no IE version can be offered.)
If you would like to restore your Google results page back to its original two-column display, you can! The Hide Google Options plug-in lets you remove the Google sidebar from view or let it show, as you choose. Download versions are available for the Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.
Click your current browser below to download the appropriate browser plugin:
|Mozilla Firefox||Google Chrome|
|Download Hide Google Options Plug-in||Download Hide Google Options Plug-in|
Once downloaded, your Hide Google Options browser extension will be updated automatically as necessary to maintain compatibility with Google.
Google Options Screenshots
- 1.0b8 (05-10-2010) Added support for all worldwide Google search properties.
- 1.0b6 (04-15-2010) Collapse left margin when hiding sidebar.
- 1.0b5 (04-12-2010) Apply feature to actual, live Google search pages.
- 1.0b3 (04-09-2010) Fixed bug where Fx would stupidly not init the prefs service on time.
- 1.0b2 (04-09-2010) Improve installation experience.
- 1.0b1 (04-09-2010) First version. Allows user to hide the new options sidebar at Google search pages.
- 1.0.3 Minor bug fix for google.com domain.
- 1.0.2 (05-07-2010) Added support for all worldwide Google search properties.
- 1.0.1 (04-09-2010)
- 1.0.0(04-09-2010) Added auto-updating.
- 0.9.2 (04-08-2010) First Release. Packaged code and cleaned it up.
- 0.9.1 (04-08-2010) Updated to manipulate DOM on the fly instead of reloading the page.
- 0.9.0 (04-07-2010) Changed to a JS implementation so that the state can be stored. Added Icons.
- First Version. Uses CSS to hide the left navigation.